Wednesday 6 March 2013

Recruiting Session

Recruiting session


There are NO membership fees, as our regular venue, the community room at Police HQ is free.

This special session will take place in The Game Chamber March 24th starting at 12:30 PM and ending no later than 4:30.

The game: A World War, 2 East Front, German vs. Soviet meeting engagement.

The rules: Battlegroup Kursk, a skirmish set of rules where one model represents one soldier, a gun or a vehicle, soldiers are grouped into squads, crew or weapons teams.

If you plan on attending please leave a comment, so I'll have some idea of how many to expect.



The Why: For many years the HGA has been the same 4-6 guys, I would like to attract a few more players, especially if they could run an occasional game. Over the years, I've run many games at Hotlead, partly in an attempt to meet and hopefully entice other locals to join us, and I have met many Londoners playing in my games or I played in games with them. But despite comments from many of them indicating interest, not a single one of them has ever showed up. Advertising was hampered as there was no store in which we could post a flyer.


Now that there is a F.L.G.S. (Friendly Local Game Store) with a large, well lit gaming area. I will go to where the gamers are, on the day we usually meet.


If this session goes well, I may run more Historical games at The Game Chamber.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.